To our valued Boxbe for Gmail members,
As proponents of good online security practices, Boxbe is happy to announce basic support of Google’s Advanced Sign-In (click here for Google’s announcement). If you are not familiar with Google’s multi-factor (2-step) authentication and support for per-application passwords, you can read more about it here.
Or watch the video below.
Using Advanced Sign-in with Boxbe
Essentially, when you enable 2-step verification for your Google account, Google effectively disables (blocks) all third-party apps including those that use IMAP (Boxbe uses IMAP). To re-enable access for a third-party application such as Boxbe, you must explicitly generate a password using Google’s own special password generator and then provide that password to the application (to Boxbe).
You may wish to view the video referenced above (and here again) for additional explanation.
Step by Step Instructions
If you have enrolled in 2-step verification, you should:
1) Go to Google’s setup 2-step verification page (opens in new window). Once setup for 2-step verification, you will need to generate a password.
2) You should then be taken to Google’s authorizing applications & sites page to generate a password for use with Boxbe. Save this password.
3) Navigate to the Boxbe Email Enrollment Status Page and log in (opens in new window).
4) For your Gmail account to be reset in Boxbe you will need to re-establish the link by clicking on “disable” first (next to the email you are enrolling in 2-step verification). Once the email is visible in the Other Addresses section, click on “enable”… You will be prompted to enter your password.
5) Enter the newly generated Google password into the password field (please note that this is not the field to your Boxbe account).
6) When this is complete, you will no longer need to enter the generated password, as it is a one-time process.
And congratulations: You’re Done!
Please write to email@example.com if you require any assistance for any Boxbe service issues.